September 12, 2004

To Someone Who Understands Me

What is a best friend, does anyone really know. I've been wandering around trying to search out the answer to this question, but quite honestly the answers ive heard really don't come together as a definition. I used to think, and many of you still do that its those that you hang out with or talk to 24-7, they know ALL of your other friends, you plan on being around to see each others lives play out in the time to come....but if thats really what it is, im quite honestly with just having a few close friends that I dont see EVERYDAY, that sometimes miss out on a story or 2 here or there, but in the end even if we dont talk for weeks, months or years on end, we can still have that thing that clicks when we talk or get together. That thing that shows when sentences can be ended by the other person still, or your going through the same thing and can help each other with guidance or strength. I haven't written about any of my friends for a while unless they where summed up in a story somewhere, but in particular I wanted to share something that may help others so here we go.

Now im gonna talk a bit about my friend *Daphma* haha for a little bit, and no thats not her real name if you havent caught on already, but in order to prevent any mad rush there may be by going through old emails to contact her so you could start a friendship lmao....ill just stay with *Daphma* especially those from easton PA ;) Anyways glad to clear that up...so on my way. Someone asked me one time in particular what I saw as someone I find as trustworthy. Now being thats a hairy thing for me sometimes if you may have noticed in recent posts, i basically decscribed it as someone on the same understanding of me with faith, someone who can understand me when many people dont or would like to dedicate the time to, and mostly someone who God showed me I could. Over the past 3 years, everything I understood about having a trusting relationship with pretty much everyone has been tested and molded into something im completly content with now.

*Daphma* and I have basically faced it all with never getting into a large out of control fight with each other, everything has always been done calmly which is very different right there than anyone else in my life, and for some reason through all the chaos we've withstood it all. Now I may not know her favorite movie, or what her new favorite up and coming band is, but I do know what makes her laugh, how if I need someone there to pray with me she is, and if I just want someone there to say hi and then just pretty much chill while watching court tv shes more than willing. I joke with others about how we have things going on at the same time pretty much from time to time....but with *Daphma* and I its pretty much all on the same level all the time. Whether it be relocation changes, how we try to give people the benifit of the doubt no matter how many times they've hurt us, or if we apoligize for something we didnt do and yet others dont take any blame for it either....we still understand each other pretty well and just laugh it off. Better yet having the same bonehead guys comin up to us haha....things just always align lol. Come on fellas we're pretty understanding people as long as you meet all our guidelines. lol.

The main reason im proud to have *Daphma* in my life is because I've seen how much shes matured since I've known her especially after we didnt talk for a year and a 1/2 about. We talk about things more important than the mall, or the newest movie out, its more about the deeper things that interest me more. Don't get me wrong, sharing recipies on the best way to clear up excess water for easymac is always more than appreciated, but theres something with more substance when your discussing other aspects of life. I recieved a deeper relationship in my faith because of her just being herself and not someone telling me what I want to hear, but when God knows that if im not hearing it from him and he needs someone to yell it at my face, i know she will prob not knowing why lol.

Unfortunatly we both can get swarmed with things going on in our lives from one day to the next, but somehow when one of us needs an email or just a small chat God just stops our schedules for a minute and we always seem to keep in touch. When she talks I definitly listen because theres never a conv goes by where I dont learn something new. Maybe we wont live in the same state and see each other grow and change on a resonable basis in years to come, but I know no matter if I see her once a month, or once a year God is going to be bringing the things shes desired to do to pass because of her faithfulness. I have no doubt in my mind how big her career and spiritual life will go as time evolves. Her family will not just become tighter than they are, but will learn to understand each other on a much more deeper level then they already do.

You may be wondering why im writing about *Daphma* and not someone else, and well the truth is because I felt like it quite honestly haha. She was the first person when I prayed I got my first vision about, she was a person that has taught me a lot about forgiveness, someone I could confide in because she doesn't settle for the things everyone else our age does and someone who makes me think when not many people can. So maybe I can't define her as my "best friend" by the terms and ideas people have given me of what it "should" be and thats honestly fine with me....because God placed someone in my life that goes deeper than all of that, and who hopefully as she helps me grow, care and realize more about me, she can see the same for herself as time goes along. I'm always going to do my best to be there no matter what happens. How many friends could you honestly say would do that for you?

In closing, take a look at who is in your life....those that are taking advantage of what and who you are quite honestly are keeping you pre-occupied from someone who may need you more than you know. Maybe one day you'll be doing just what you've been assigned to do and you'll come across someone doing what they do and it will hit you that their meant to affect your life somehow. I was running late for an art show one day in 2001, and wound up coming across someone who has helped me become the person I am. I didn't end up getting any contact information until I searched into who helped out with our show a few months later because God told me to keep in touch with her. I wasn't a Christian yet in fact I was just getting out of the hardest time I've ever faced in my life.

Things have never been the same since, and for that im eternally greatful. Thank You =).