December 24, 2012

10 songs from 2012

Normally I chose a "Song of the year" at the end of each dec...however there were many songs that impacted me this year for numerous reasons and in no particular order....here are my top 10 :)


Tristan Prettyman "Say Anything"
"If I could say anything, anything what would it be? A good question for a distant reality. I would tell you that I love you even if it didn't show...I would tell you that I love you baby, by now I hope you know."

 
_____________________________________________________________

 One Direction "Little Things"
"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you. You'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to. If I let you know I'm here for you, maybe you'll love yourself like I love you, oh. And I've just let these little things slip out of my mouth cause it's you, oh, it's you, tt's you they add up to. And I'm in love with you...and all these little things"



_____________________________________________________________

Grace Potter and The Nocturnals "Stars"
"And now I'm all alone in the dark of night and the moon is shining, but I can't see the light. And I can't look at the stars they make me wonder where you are...Stars, up on heaven's boulevard...and if I know you at all, I know you've gone too far. So I, I can't look at the stars. Stars"


_____________________________________________________________

The Lumineers "Morning Song"
"And it's a shame that it ends this way with nothing left to say. So just sit on your hands, while I walk away...It's a shame, it's a shame, it's a shame. When my hands begin to shake, when bitterness is all I taste...and my car won't stop cause I cut the brakes...I hold on to a hope in my fate"


_____________________________________________________________

Alabama Shakes "Hold On"
"So, bless my heart and Bless my mind. I got so much to do, I ain't got much time. So, must be someone up above saying..."Come on girl! You got to get back up!" "You got to hold on..." "Hey, you got to hold on..."


 ___________________________________________________

Matthew West "Forgiveness"
"It’ll clear the bitterness away, it can even set a prisoner free. There is no end to what it’s power can do. So, let it go and be amazed by what you see through eyes of grace...The prisoner that it really frees is you... Forgiveness, Forgiveness"
 
____________________________________________________________

Calvin Harris feat Florence Welch "Sweet Nothing"
"So I put my faith in something unknown, I'm living on such sweet nothing. But I'm tired of hope with nothing to hold, I'm living on such sweet nothing. And it's hard to learn and it's hard to love when you're giving me such sweet nothing. Sweet nothing, sweet nothing, you're giving me such sweet nothing"


  ____________________________________________

Early Winters "Count Me In"
"Half of my love knee deep in, hooked on a dream that is reeling me in. Oh is this how we begin? Flowers on fire in a black and white fence, curtains of rain all appear...watching the skirt of the day you disappeared. Caught like a wheel in a groove, cranking it big but it don’t want to move"



____________________________________________________

Mumford and Sons "I Will Wait" 
"Now I'll be bold as well as strong and use my head alongside my heart. So tame my flesh
and fix my eyes, a tethered mind freed from the lies. And I'll kneel down, wait for now...I'll kneel down, know my ground. Raise my hands paint my spirit gold and bow my head...keep my heart slow cause I will wait, I will wait for you "






___________________________________________________________


Civalias "Anything But You"
 "I see the colors in your face like the paintings that you hang, but only you can read your mind...You don't believe me when I say that your smile makes my day a little better every time...and I just don't know what else to do, I can't think of anything but you"