"They say the bigger your investment, the bigger your return. But you have to be willing to take a chance. You have to understand, you might lose it all. But if you take that chance, if you invest wisely the pay off might just surprise you." -Greys Anatomy
Out of all the part time jobs I do when I'm home, chauffeur driving is by far my favorite. Over the past few weeks I've done a bunch of proms, weddings and other private events. Just a few days ago a client told me "we prayed for someone as sweet as you to be our driver". Her and her husband got married in front of 30 people (thats it!) and they couldn't have been any sweeter. That got me thinking about how many "moments" I've been a part of in so many peoples lives.
Did I always feel like Mary Sunshine each day....dear God no...but one thing I learned doing protection work is you can't let your personal life interfer with your work. It can really throw things for a loop and you can lose a client over it. Much bigger than any situation I ever experienced doing retail or something open to the general public. Well it just feels like the value is deeper than most.
Theres nothing better than getting a client who wants to chit chat with you, at least being a girl thats how i view it....especially when their going to be in the car for a while. I think the 2 times I've been thrown off my game was when it wasn't like that. However when they actually express interest in getting to know you and you get a chill vibe back...that always leads to interesting things.
For example, I picked up someone this month who is a musician and had just flown home. He was kinda silent at baggage but once we got the car loaded up and started it was a whole diff ballgame...which I loved. We talked about our families, love, life and a few other things. Never covered that many topics in under an hour...and actually walked away feeling a deeper understanding. It was the perfect conversation with a complete stranger who could give me prospective that maybe I was missing.
I guess the point of this blog is, you never know who your going to meet and the impact you'll have in each others lives. A simple wave, conversation, moment could be something that they remember forever. Have you ever met someone that you noticed before either of you said hello? That they were someone who was going to impact your life in some major way? If you haven't then you don't know what your missing. Its kinda like God giving you a slight heads up that things are about to shift and you get about 3 seconds to brace yourself lol. Its quite the ride if I do say so myself. The best part is when it makes no sense to anyone else but you see the value of whats there...thats a whole different blog post!
So on that...have a good night kids!