August 22, 2008

It just takes one...

It just takes one moment, one spin, one look around, one decision. Life is that easy.

Most of the folks in my life don't know many of the obstacles that have faced my way, not just in Nashville....but those facing me all the way from home. 14 or so hours away. Staring at me right in the face...but luckily I've been working all over the place that I really haven't had a chance to stop and deal with it all. I have my way of dealing with things, and thats the way it happens...when things turn, thats when it happens. Sometimes it's sooner than expected and sometimes it's like "ok....whats the hold up"?

I won't go too deep into it, and those that God had me open up about it knows what has been happening. It's not one of my situations, but one that affects someone close to me so it's not my right to blog about it. All I will say is that it's been very dark and cloudy for myself and my family...not knowing which way to go...kinda saying what's next, why are we jumping from thing to thing...whats the lesson we are set to learn now? It just got very frustrating for many of my family members, I stayed as far back as I could...because the point I am facing is 14 hours away. I can count on my hand the number of times I've prayed since being here, which upsets me, and is finally hitting me that it's time now...time to find my new church home. Today was the day the clouds started to clear.

The one person I've been waiting to see, see their breakthrough finally has. You can hear it in the voice, outlook, and just everything. I just pray Gods covering stays strong on this person, and that the path remains clear as the recovery process kicks in. I don't remember the last time I said I love you to this person....maybe shortly before I moved...I couldn't say it since....I won't lie and say it just cause someone else says it. When I say it, it MEANS it. I think my trip home will not only be inspiration for those around me in whatever area needed, but I think it's going to be a huge turn around for myself...and build my relationship back with God more concrete than before. The move I face in the upcoming days is going to be such a blessing, I am already starting to see such a change in how I view things here, and the folks that make this town what it is. I started listening to Matthew West again today, and for those that don't know he was my FIRST Christian artist I ever listened to. I was go lucky with the "Happy" album lol. What you feed in your spirit does make the turn around for either the top of the mountain, or bottom of a pit. Between the music you listen to, people you keep company with, decisions you make. It all goes together.

So before I run to get ready for work tonight, I just want to say I am highly excited about this season coming ahead. I am blessed for my new home, my new friends, my new life, and those that are with me from the roads before :) Keep focused on what your about, and WHO you are...God will move, don't ever doubt that...no matter how dark things may seem ahead. You can always put on the high beams! Use the horn and wheel to steer away from the junk.